Saturday, April 24, 2010

Things I have learned about me


A little while ago, I decided to keep a list of things I learned about myself. That may seem kind of weird, but it has been a really fun list to make. Instead of just going through my daily routine, I found myself thinking about if I liked what I was doing or not. Of course a list like this comes with a disclaimer, I have the right to change...and probably will. But for now, this is JENESSA!

- I like to stand under trees and shake the snow off.
- My favorite place to read my scriptures is on the kitchen floor, late at night.
- I worry a lot about inconveniencing people
- I like to wear bright socks in the winter. People can’t see them, but they sure make me happy.
- I don’t like it when I get into the car Sunday morning and I hear a song I like, but know I should switch it.
- I love hugs!
- I’m not a fan or mushrooms or guacamole.
- I like to sing out loud in the car, especially when I know the words
- I don’t like to disappoint people.
- I think everyone is great.
- I like it when people call just to say hi
- Often when I run, I get the feeling I need to floss
- In the winter, I like to run on the treadmill to the last 30 minutes of the movie Rudy
- I am conservative on the amount of butter I put on my toast
- I love BYU mint brownies
- I have a hard time asking for help
- When out of state, I love to tell people I am from Utah
- I feel like a million bucks when I wear my red high heel shoes
- I like to burn candles
- I love the mornings I naturally wake up early, before my alarm goes off
- If I get one hand wet, I have to get the other hand wet too
- I don’t like to touch my gum, even to throw it away.
- I like food to match situations (IE wearing an orange shirt and eating an orange or eating black and white food on Martin Luther King Day)
- I like to whistle
- I don’t like to take medication.
- I have never learned how to wink or do a cartwheel
- I like to fall asleep with wet hair, while listening to the dishwasher.
- I don’t respond well to firm commands. I like to be asked to do things.
- Often songs match my situation. For example, when I was giving blood the song “bleeding love” was playing.
- I love to travel….that’s an understatement.
- I don’t like it when I can tell something is wrong, but it is out of my realm of influence to fix.
- I hate being late, but I hate being unprepared more.
- I love rainy and overcast days
- I don’t like spiders, but I’m not brave enough to kill them.
- Playing viola allows me to express myself, better than I can explain myself.
- I love the 4th of July!
- I have a secret wish to be “the favorite aunt”
- I believe saying sorry fixes everything
- I like to drive with the sunroof down
- I don’t like to feel uncomfortable or make others feel uncomfortable.
- I don’t like to be told I can’t do something. I want to try it and see if I can/can’t myself
- My “love language” is quality time.
- I love coconut

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I would like to say I knew all those things about you but I didn't there were a lot that I didn't know. However, you wanting to be a favorite aunt is not a secret. ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are just the best! and you complete me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember the other day I caught you wearing bright socks and it was currently summer time? Maybe you just like to secretively wear bright socks all year round.

    I am surprised when you say "sorry fixes everything." I thought you think that talk is cheap. I thought for you actions speak much louder than words.

    ReplyDelete